This week's highlights:
- Which flight strives in the rain?! Must be the side.
- Low Score: 39 Don Peters, Mitch Cote
- Low Net: 30 Brad Baldner
- Birdies: 2 - Don Peters.
- Most Pars: 5 - Billy, Brad Baldner, Paul Harris, Mitch Cote.
- Eagle! - not this time.
New golfer's handicap gets reset to the lowest score until they have played three rounds. Expect big swings. Once they have three rounds we'll start dropping the highest 2 and averaging the rest (up to 3).
- Let me know ahead of time if you can't make it so I can try to find you a sub. If none of the team members show up, the team does not earn any points yet their opponent still has to earn their points by playing the phantoms (player's "average" + 10%)
- Check out the skins page for the results. See Joe Howell for 2nd and 3rd and Bill Berlin for 1st.
- Please remind your sub to pay me $5 - the money we collect will go towards the outing/prizes.
Check out the new Video Link at the bottom of this section - explore the other videos in the series by clicking on its menu.
Local Rules reminders.
The scorecard says that only the Service Road and Service yard between holes 13-14 are grounds under repair. All fences should be played as out of bounds (1st flight only). The big shed is obviously an immovable obstruction unless you can bring a bulldozer!!
USGA Rule reminders
Contrary to the common belief that we don't play by the USGA rules, our rules section states
"On the fairway or off, our league will adhere to USGA rules with the few exceptions ..."
I know the rules document is in a state of disarray right now but most of you know already what the exceptions we adopted are i.e. drop on the other side, winter rule, no OB, etc .... So when you're playing keep the USGA rules in mind and ask your opponent when in doubt.
Things to keep in mind, when taking relief from an immovable obstruction. no penalty
player must not exagerate stance and/or intended swing in order to take relief.
if you do take relief from a cart path, your foot must not touch the cart path.
you must find the nearest point of relief no closer to the hole.
Check out this video for clarification on how to get relief.
Lost ball - play a ball as near as possible to the spot from which the original ball was last played - 1 stroke penalty
unplayable lie - 1 stroke penalty
play a ball as near as possible to the spot from which the original ball was last played, or
drop a ball within two club length no closer to the hole, or
Drop a ball behind the point where the ball lay, keeping that point directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind that point the ball may be dropped